In today’s fast paced business environment, we need to give our employees every tool available to help them succeed. Emerging methods of Document Management are giving businesses the ability to optimize their document management systems to help boost employee productivity, increase the security of their documents, and reduce printing and document storage related costs.
More traditional systems of document management are becoming obsolete due to the time and labor it takes to properly maintain them. By switching to digital document management you never have to worry about lost or misfiled documents again. This gives a boost to employee’s productivity levels, as instead of wasting time hunting down lost documents they can focus on the project at hand. Here are a few shocking statistics related to traditional document management systems:
- The average employee can spend up to ½ hour per day searching for documents
- In paper based filing systems, upwards of 90% of documents are stored physically on-site, taking up more and more office space each year.
- A single document will be copied an average of 19 times over the course of its lifetime.
- Nearly 8% of documents are lost at least once in their lifetime.
- Upwards of 3% of documents are misfiled at least once.
- The number of documents stored on paper is growing at a staggering 22% per year.
These are just a few of the reasons why you should look into digital document management systems. These systems give you the benefit of increasing document security, employee productivity, while also reducing costs. Contact us today to learn how you can benefit from a new document management system with Capital Business Systems!