Having multiple devices has made life easier in a lot of ways. Our options to get and process information have greatly improved. We can compare prices online, check the ingredients to a favorite recipe, and update the status of a work project, all while standing in the middle of our favorite grocery store.
It’s not all roses, however. Some things have become a little more complicated. One of these is mobile printing. We want to be able to print from phone, tablet, laptop and desktop, all with equal ease.
Google Cloud Print
One mobile print solution that’s helping ease the transition is Google Cloud Print. Here’s how it works.
GCP works by using the cloud to make it easy for users to print from any designated printer. Documents are kept safe because Google Cloud Print uses a secure web connection.
- Install and launch Google Chrome. Windows users can access GCP via Microsoft’s XML Paper Specification Pack.
- Go to the left menu and access the Options/Preferences window. Select ‘Under the Hood’.
- Scroll to the bottom and click ‘Sign in to Google Cloud Print’.
- Click on ‘Manage Your Printers’ to register your preferred printer.
- Connect to the printer. You’ll see the printer you registered listed and ready to go. If your printer is ‘Cloud-Ready’, you’ll be directed to the printer’s website in order to proceed. Just follow the instructions to ‘Add a Cloud-Ready Printer’.
- That’s it! You’re ready to print from phone, tablet, or computer with equal ease.
Want to share? Google Cloud Print allows users to share their printer with colleagues. To begin, highlight the printer. Click on the ‘Share’ button, then add the email address of the people authorized to use your printer.