When your office is looking to lease new copiers and printers, there are a number of things to keep in mind, especially if you are returning previously leased equipment and upgrading to new systems. Leasing is a very common practice and is the perfect solution for businesses who do not want the up front cost of purchasing equipment and want the freedom to upgrade. There are a number of steps you should take before returning your copier when the lease is up to ensure your data is protected and the equipment is returned without a hitch.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Read over your lease and ensure you are familiar with all the terms and conditions, as well as the return clause.
- Prepare your letter of intent to inform the company leasing you your copy machine on whether or not you intend to return the equipment or purchase at the end of your lease.
- Check over your equipment to ensure it is in complete working order.
- Find out the preferred shipping method of your leasing company and prepare the equipment for return. Be sure to insure the package for delivery as well.
- Keep all information such as model and serial number of the equipment, as well as all the shipping information in case something happens after the equipment leaves your hands.
These are few of the steps to keep in mind when it comes time to return your copier at the end of the lease. If you would like to learn more about the leasing process, or about how you can lease a copier or printer with Capital Business Systems, please contact us today!