The constant reminders that the world’s networks are vulnerable to hackers never go away. Rarely a week goes by that we don’t hear about another massive security breach. Phrases like “stolen intellectual property,” “state-sponsored actor,” and “millions of stolen passwords” make our blood run cold. Hackers are increasingly sophisticated and elusive, and many are backed by seemingly untouchable interests.
Are You Too Small?
Even though many of the security breaches that make the news involve multi-million dollar companies, that doesn’t mean hackers aren’t interested in your comparatively small business. A May 2016, Small Business Trends article uncovered some sobering facts:
- Businesses with fewer than 250 employees are the victims of about 50% of cyber crimes worldwide.
- In 2015, businesses defended themselves from approximately 430 million newly developed forms of malware.
The Managed IT Solution
Hackers recognize that small businesses often represent easy pickings, and their “smash and grab” tactics are working. You’re right to wonder whether your small business stands any chance at all. Fortunately for you, the answer is yes. Companies who outsource their IT infrastructures to Managed Network Services providers can rest easier at night. Here’s why:
- A proactive approach to your infrastructure begins with a comprehensive assessment. Managed IT providers are experts at recognizing and addressing vulnerabilities, both during the assessment period and throughout the life of the partnership.
- A predictable budget for everything IT-related means you won’t need to deal with budget-busting surprises. One monthly invoice helps small businesses keep expenses on an even keel.
- An expert IT staff is a luxury many small businesses can’t afford. Managed IT puts an IT support staff well within your reach. And those businesses fortunate enough to have an IT team in-house can re-direct their efforts to concentrate on core business objectives.
To learn more about how Managed IT Services can keep your company’s networks safe in an increasingly threatening world, get in touch with us at Capital Business Systems today.