Business continuity is defined as “the capability of an organization to continue delivery of products and/or services at acceptable predefined levels following a disruptive incident”. But it’s also about having a backup plan in place before that disruptive event. Will any backup system work?
Some backup systems are not as secure and reliable as you may think. Consider these facts:
- 25% of all PC users suffer from data loss each year
- 77% of companies that test their tape backups found backup failures
- 15,000 hard drives fail every day
- The odds of a hard-disk failing are about 1:118
- 90% of backup systems are wrongly configured and are not operating according to planned specifications
Business continuity begins by assessing your business and the technology that supports it. Only then can you identify what will be required to keep your business up and running should disaster strike.
Managed Network Services from Capital Business Systems can identify, create and maintain a business continuity plan for your network. We ensure that your critical information is secure, backed up and accessible whenever you need it. Our data recovery is measured in hours, not days.